Blog views

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Monday, December 14, 2009

Today. ... And dreams. :)

Freezy cold wet stuff. Everywhere. This stinketh my friends, this stinketh.
I’m really extremely bored- not that you couldn’t already tell- but I just thought I’d fill you in anyway. On the count down: there are only (not counting today) 4 days, roughly 28 hours, and far too many seconds of school left before we’re turned loose into the freedom of Christmas Vacation. Yeah…

My parents, sister Erin, and I watched Julie and Julia and I absolutely LOVED IT. It’s wonderful : ) It’s different from what I thought it’d be but Meryl Streep was perfect for Julia Child, even if you get a little overwhelmed with the voice thing after a while. I loved both Julie and Julia’s personalities though. Haha, they have so much spunk and determination. The only bad part is the husband of Julie doesn’t especially appreciate some of her melt down spunks. And I’m afraid that I’m the melt down kind of spunker instead of the endearing kind of spunker. Not the most coveted of attributes… :/ Oh well. Maybe I’ll marry a really cute guy with an accent and the patience of Job so I’ll still be semi lovable when I’m sprawled out on the kitchen floor sobbing over some sort of cooking project gone wrong.

I wish I had my camera on hand all the time. Yesterday I was slower than the rest of my family to get ready for church so I walked in the snow,(uphill both ways no less. :p) to church. I was kinda un-thoughtful and didn’t realize that the icy snowy slippery sidewalks wouldn’t really get along with my polka dotted high heels. So after a few houses I did what any sensible high heel wear-er would do. I took them off. :p I actually giggled right out loud in the short cut thingy when I looked back: all these Sunday shoe prints and then my baby bare feet. I wish I had a picture to show you because it was quite silly.

Also in case you were wondering, I survived the writing of my bill. It almost sounded good too. Now I just have to write a speech to top it off. But alas, I’m still alive and that’s the important part.

Also for all my familia… on my father’s side anyway- you’ll appreciate this. I had a dream. I was in this random HUGE field that somehow connected from this high-class neighborhood where, apparently, I lived. The field had a really nice hotel thing at the front with high security and when some really handsome guy I was sorta keeping my eye on tried to escape he turned into Rumplestiltskin. Odd. Then behind the hotel and field and a random cruise liner parked in the grass was a giant hill/mountain thing. (Sheralee this part is for you! :p ) All these people of all sorts of ethnicities and sizes and shapes and ages and all of that (like children around the world pictures) were bouldering. Even the little kids! And THEN (this is where my dad’s side of the family is going to appreciate it.) My little sweet quiet Grammie Marilyn had a plane. Except it looked like a combination of a motorcycle and a speedboat. With wings. And she let me fly it so I did. Sorta. Just a little circle around the field and then back (and I remember vividly freaking out cuz I didn’t know how to land. Apparently taking off and driving it was no problem. Just landing. Interesting. Haha) and then Sheralee drove the plane to Bosnia to take a teaching class before dinner. My dad, my sister Marissa, and I went for a random fly with my Grandma who had found a new love for flying really fast upside down. And there wasn’t a top to the plane, just these flimsy seat belts and a roller coaster bar. Marissa was freaking out so I let go of my bar to hold her down on her seat, or up since we were upside down I guess. But then I started falling out and all I could focus on was the ‘wheat and tares’ that we were brushing against because we were flying so low, and my grandma’s really cute giggle, except it had a tinge of evil plot ‘bwahaha’ laugh quality to it. And then-
My alarm clock went off. :p Quite a dream huh? I can’t wait to fly with my grandma now. :/

1 comment:

  1. That dream was amazing! I laughed out loud reading it this morning on the subway. I am just imagining gram as a pilot and it is stinking awesome.

    ReplyDelete