Blog views

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Friday, March 26, 2010

Dear Friends and Foes and all that good stuff,

It's snowing today. Yes, snow. In March- the end of March no less- but it's ok because better days are soon to come.
My birthday was rather quite lovely- Princess and the Frog? Best present ever. I have honestly watched it exactly 2.5 times since Monday. Obsession? Oh yeah.
At an appointment I had, one of my friends brought me balloons- which was very thoughtful of course, but it rained attention on me. Spotlights make me sweat. I don't love them exactly. I can comfortably bask in the edge of a spotlight... but when you're smack dab in the center of the million watt light it makes you turn a wee bit pink. :p
I started Elementary tutor, and therefore switched seminary to first hour which means I have Brother Eastmond which means awesome! He's a really great teacher, and it's a really fun group in that class. I'm rather quite happy about it. Although, I will admit I miss my seminary 'family'. I love those guys!
So. Wednesday. I went to North Elementary and was introduced. :) It was kind of fun. "Class, why do you think that we're both 'Miss Heap's'?" :p Is she your daughter? Mmm... close but not exactly. :p Cutest kids- I got to do the 'Fry Phrases'(?) (P.S those made me hungry for french fries. Understandable, no?) and then the reading booklet things where you time them to see how many words per minute they do. It was quite fun actually. :) Some of them practically gasped in order to get enough air in under .03 seconds so they could sprint-read. :p And then one little boy was honestly the most expressive and fun to listen to reader that I've ever met in a third-grade classroom. :p Cuteness. However, there is now a sad news I must tell.
Brace yourselves.
I went to North Elementary this morning and the office people told me all the kids were at a play. Huh. Can't really tutor a class without a class right? So I'm home blogging. :p

OH! Also, Wednesday was Region Solo and Ensemble... congrats to those who made it... cuz Mads didn't. :( We read through the judging sheets and it was all pretty much praise... so it doesn't quite click in my brain how they didn't send us. :p Oh well. It's not like I paid $90.00+ for this whole choir experience (which just so happened to NOT include any of the normal fun trips this year. Just my luck, eh? :p)
It was quite dramatic. Starting with people belting 'Wicked' songs on the trip up, to two people passing out(ok, so one pass out, one close call) in the middle of our performance, to running to Wendy's and spewing root beer from one's nostrils, to bawling and carrying on over not making it to State, to listening to very interesting renditions of Tarzan songs on the High School's front lawn... (EVERYONE kept singing random songs. Disney has been ruined for me. :p Just kiddin, but really. Look people, I know we're on a choir trip, but save the rock star singing for the pro's. K? There's only so much ibprofin you can take for these things. ;) )
And then yesterday I stayed home sickly. Again. Maybe I'm just crazy. (You're pathelogical... Paaathelogicalll... ;p) But I think I ate something that didn't love me very much and took vengence upon my stomach. And now (drum roll) It's friday! And Guess what ladie's and gent's?? Tuesday. Tuesday is a very special day. It's called the day we head to MAGICAL LAND! Spring break baby! Here I come! (THANK YOU SCHOOL BOARD FOR PUTTING SPRING BREAK RIGHT HERE IN THIS VERY SPOT! It must have been divine inspiration because I think I'm about to burst sometimes. And Disney Land is JUST what the Doctor ordered.)

Now: Because I can't really handle posting without pictures (It's a condition I have. Called illistrationitis. ;) ) We are now going to have a moment of happy silence as we get stoked for 'Dinee lan!' :D :D :D





4 comments:

  1. Oh Disneyland! So fun! I'm excited for you. That place is truly magical. :)

    Did you know the kids in New York all get TWO WHOLE WEEKS for spring break?!?? I was shocked and felt a little cheated when I found out. They were shocked when i told them my spring breaks growing up were only half a week.

    You just brought back many good memories from choir. Oh boy. The divas, the loud singing, the drama. I loved it. So much fun. And I don't think the choir experience would be complete without at least one person passing out during a performance. In my year it was Sean Smith, and we watched the video of the performance over and over and everyone laughed and laughed. Kind of sad for him, but he laughed too. It did look pretty funny on film.

    Happy happy birthday Shannon dear! Glad it was a good one.

    Have a fun Spring break! And if you see a shirtless Tarzan you have to please give him a hug for me. Oh yeah baby. ;) It would be hilarious. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha. Angie, your comments make me giggle... I love 'em! :p I will definitely hunt down a shirtless Tarzan. And I so wish we had our pass out performance on video... it'd have to win AFV for sure!

    AND I am most intensely jealous of New York students. Two weeks??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shannon, I'm so sorry! We had to leave early because of the snow and shuttling with only one bus - otherwise you could have been at Seusical the Musical with us. Tuesday?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh! Now I want to go to Disney Land for spring pictures. We had so much fun didn't we? Except for the sickness part- hee hee! Have a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete