Blog views

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, March 13, 2010

Why IS a raven like a writing desk?

Today has been mostly lovely. Slightly dramatic (but it’s been that way for the past 2 months- not that I’m counting) in that people invited me to be a total third wheel in a super complicated pass the boy situation type deal- but lovely nonetheless. I spent the morning watching a “Masterpiece Classic” Called “The 39 Steps” (FABULOUSLY AWESOMELY AMAZING! Just in case you wondered if I liked it or not.) Which is a movie about a man who comes back from Africa thinking life in London is ridiculously dull, then gets accused of murder when he encounters a secret service agent who gets killed in his apartment… then he’s on a journey to reach the secret service with a notebook that the agent trusted him with. There’s romance and tons of chasing and being chased. :p It’s intensely perfect! It almost had a Steinbeck ending though. Then I got ready and spent the day with my cute Grammie Marilyn doing picture stuff at Wal-Mart mostly- we scanned about a bajillion- except for not really, it just felt that way because when I was two pictures from being finished with my stack I accidentally hit cancel order and had to start all over again. Haha, leave it to me to mess technical things up. So we submitted the picture order and went to Panda to eat while it all but blizzard-ed outside. I’m so ready for spring… where are you flowers? Where are you green? (They never respond so you’d think someday I’d learn to stop talking to almost inanimate objects. But no. I’m a stubborn one.) And then we went to the Cedar grandparent house to sort through my dad’s pictures and do scrap booking stuff. Which by the way- I like, but mine are never as cute as everyone else’s. Oh well I guess. It’s preserving memories- even if the preservativeness is ugly.
Now I’m editing the pictures of Erin’s delicious Foods 2 project. (I love you Miss Tegge! You presented the opportunity for us to have deliciously awesome food!) Anywho- she had to plate it and have judges and take pictures to email to her teacher… so I of course jumped right into the plating/photography/artsy part of it. :p Sometimes I think that culinary arts is the way to go for sure! I love it! So I sorta elbowed Erin out of the way a little bit… but don’t worry folks- I got out of her way so she could participate in the grandeur of plating food. :p
She made shrimp with cocktail sauce for the appetizer, (Oh, some strawberry kiwi lemonade for the beverage ;) ), green salad of yummy-ness with green onions and radishes, and then tilapia with a Dijon mustard sauce and breadcrumbs for the main course, on rice pilaf with carrots and parsley. Plus some delicious dessert thingy. Cream cheeseish stuff haha, I can't remember all of it. So here’s my attempt at food network magazine photography. :p







Eh, not too shabby eh? :p Not the best either. But someday when I have an awesomely awesome camera and better lighting...

Huh. Someday.












P.S I've decided I'm finding my 'muchness' again. :)

1 comment:

  1. You make me laugh with your clever funny posts. And those food pictures are magazine worthy! It's makin me hungry just looking at them. Compliments to the chef and the photographer!

    ReplyDelete