Blog views

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Saturday is a special day.... how cliche.

Sad but true. :p

This morning I got up. Sorta. And I put contact solution in and got a drink and went back to bed. Sorta. Actually I got back into bed and watched Maid in Manhattan and decided I refuse to fall in love. Just remind me that all men in chick flicks have SCRIPTS and the ones in real life are ridiculous for a few more years. Maybe seven.
And then (here's where the cliche title comes in) I cleaned. A lot. Due to the wonder of going to Disney Land we are being manipulated into cleaning. See- when you take kids to Dinee Lan, you can pretty much convince them to do anything just before the trip. As if it's incentive. As if they'd really cancel spring break if one pillow was out of place- therefore making the house un-spotless. :p So I scrubbed tubs and toilets and floors and (here's the really impressive part) I even cleaned and ORGANIZED under my bed. :p I have labeled boxes now. Either I've been possessed with the cleaning demon of pre-spring break magnificence or I really just needed a distraction. I'm leaning toward the second. Three o'clock rolled around and I decided- huh. Maybe I should get ready for the day. Yeah, I'm slow... sue me. So I got ready and decided that I really didn't feel like going to the Young Women broadcast. Yes I know. I'm wicked. And you know what they say- NO one mourns the wicked. So I changed into a dress and I waltzed on over. And ya know what? It was beautiful. The spirit was so strong, and I realized perhaps (or in Erinspeak, mayhaps) it wasn't me who didn't want to go. Blast that Satan. He knows EXACTLY where i think he should go. :p Anyway, it was motivational and cute and courageous! I'm glad COURAGE is my word of 2010. :D

We came home, and Meg and I went on a Walmart run. Makeup called. We answered. (The chocolate called too but we're not gonna go there...) Upon our arrival home, Brianne had set up a wonderful 'cwire' (choir) concert, which was of course ridiculously adorable. She set up the stuffed animals and sang their songs giggling. We applauded- no encores... ("We want to eat dinner. No encores!" whispered rather urgently.) She took a few bows, we squished out of the storage closet that was temporarily transformed into a wonderful auditorium of total claustrophobia and then we eated pizza. The end.
Almost.
Now we're having parfaits (Now officially known as parfats, because if par means zero, I can eat all the 'zero-fats' I want and not feel one bit guilty! ;P)

Merry sabbath eve to all, and to all a goodnight!

1 comment:

  1. That sounds like such a lovely Saturday. If it makes you feel better, we didn't shower until 4:00 pm. Not even kidding. I was in my pj's basically in bed until 2:30. I'm not even sick, I have no excuse except intense laziness. Your organization/cleaning sounds a lot more productive!

    I miss the YW broadcast! It was always so inspirational.

    Bri's concert sounds just adorable. I love imagining all you sisters giggling together in the closet. How fun to grow up with sisters!

    Favorite quotes:
    "Makeup called - we answered."
    "As if they'd really cancel spring break if one pillow was out of place."

    Do you watch Modern Family? It is really funny at times. There is an episode where the dad "cancels Christmas", and he knows the kids don't believe he really will, so he really does, he takes down the Christmas tree and everything. The kids are like, "What the...?" It's soooo funny. (They end up having it after all, in the end.) That's what you just reminded me of. The end.

    ReplyDelete