Blog views

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, April 08, 2010

Yes, I realize I'm becoming epistolary

But who's counting right?

Epistle number one:
Dear Storytellers. Your open arms of welcome make me flope. I only show up because I need money- and I've passed the point where telling myself, "Just think Shan, you're getting paid to count stuff. Easiest job ever. Quit yer bellyachin'." Nope. Now I just have to say to myself... well actually I'm not entirely sure how I manage to stay in your prison embrace. Probably because I know my mother will shoot me if I don't kick it into high gear on the money earning train. So Storytellers, dear, I just wanted you to know I hate your stinking guts and you make me vomit. Right after you highly resemble the scum between my toes.

Epistle number two:
Dear Shannon. (Yeah. On top of being weird and a total goof ball, I'm coming down with a split personality disorder.)
You, my dear, deserve a bit of a congrats. You're well past halfway through senior year. Crazy isn't it? And ya know all that drama with boys and girls and ex's and gossip?? Remember how you're doing just fine despite it all? That's how it's going to keep going, so breathe deary. Oxygen is vital to living. Or so I've heard. Now that you've had your bit'o'praise...
Goodness child. Stop this senioritis slacking and just finish out the year! No homework over the summer- but until you make it safely past (or through) the C at graduation, you'd better keep working for those grades... Teachers aren't THAT glad to get rid of you. So. You're awesome, and you need to at least hold off your procrastination until after you finish this homework. (:p Ha... oxymoron? Contradicting? My true love. :D)
Love.... well. You.
Which is kinda weird... this whole split personality thing might be a bit odd to work around.


Epistle number three:
Dear everyone else. :) (Yeah, I know. You're all beaming with excitement that I wrote you a letter on my blog. Yup. Especially for you. Feel special.)

I just had to throw this story in, and a P.S just wouldn't cut it.
In elementary tutor today we did "Puss in Boots" for the reading groups. And honestly, I must be either really slow, or really tired. Or maybe both. But I truly kept realizing and catching new little things I'd missed the first read through. However, after six times- and seeing how AP English has forever corrupted me- I oughta have the thing down backwards frontwards and purplewards. Not to mention have a full length analytical research paper completed on the story. Good thing I'm not that good with the overachieving stuff. Anyway... at the end there's a line that goes like this: "I love the princess, may I marry her?" And the king says yes, and the princess says "I am SO happy father!" (4 times out of the 6, that particular line was followed by a "not". :p) Giggles. Almost uncontrollable giggles would inevitably erupt every time that part went over. It was like, "EW! Cooties!" But secretly on the inside I'm sure there had to be some elementary crushes going on. :p I love it. It's quite entertaining to watch them. And just because I have short term memory loss I'm going to tell you I love it again. I love it. (Did I mention I have short term memory loss?) Then one time, I believe Miss Heap Sr. Was out of the classroom at the moment which is a shame since this was rather grand, when the "I love you" line came up, a boy across the room did the cat call whistle. Totally made my day. :p Just thought you should all know. Because frankly my dear Watson. It's elementary.

2 comments:

  1. Frontwards and backwards and purplewards. Hehehe. How do you come up with this stuff! Good luck with finishing out senior year! You are soooo close!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and here, watch these really really cute videos and it will make you super excited to move out of the high school phase and on to the next exciting fun phase! Yay! I mean, no rush, but when the time is right... whatever you get what I mean. They are super cute anyway.

    http://www.vimeo.com/10603489

    ReplyDelete