Blog views

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Monday, April 18, 2011

Friday Favorites:

(Even though it's Monday. :) )


  • Cucumbers!                                              (I went to Walmart for the boring necessities like toilet paper and shampoo and soap, and I couldn't even contain myself!! I had to get a cucumber. I was craving one! And in case you wondered, it tastes incredible. Like summertime and clean.)
  • Norah Jones (and basically everything else on her pandora channel!) I wish I could sing like her. She seems so old fashioned sounding... picture listening to her on a record player in a dress and pearls while crocheting in the parlor. (Or something like that. :) 
  • Rain. (It's been at it all day! I love it. I giggled thinking about how backwards I am. Yesterday it was nice and warm and sunny, but I was all glum and pessimistic. Today it's drizzly and grey and I've turned into a giddy school girl!) (Also, I may have been seriously considering "galloping off to a wooded glen" and dancing interpretively in the rain to Vampire Weekend. And unpacking my umbrella so I could twirl around outside with it. :p)
  • Clouds!                                                 They just look so soft and pretty! Even stormy clouds- and actually those are my most favorite! I'll take steel colored clouds over white fluff any day! (For some reason clouds make me think of Circleville, or the range when we go on cattle drives.)
  • Playing the piano.                                                              (I remember one time my dad came in and asked me what was wrong, I was confused because I hadn't said anything about having a bad day. I thought I had been acting really nice actually. :p So when I asked why he was asking, he said because I always play the piano when I'm upset. And he's right, I've noticed especially this year. If I'm really flustered I find a piano. Discovering the piano lab has been magnificent!)
  • I also love sitting in the wingback chairs at the library, either in the little window alcove or in front of the fire place. I love just feeling... cliche, really, because cozying up in a library seems rather cliche. 

However, I'm off. I can't even sit still anymore, I've gotta go run around in the rain! (Slash find a piano! :) )
Happy Monday! (Have a great Family Home Evening. :) 

2 comments:

  1. Hooray for cucumber and rain clouds too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i've been the worst at commenting lately, but i am still reading every post! i'm sorry you're havnig a hard time, but i love that you're choosing a positive outlook and finding the great things in life! you are awesome and you will be just fine. keep being amazing!

    ReplyDelete