Blog views

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, April 07, 2011

Oh! Pop goes the weasel.

(Title quote, courtesy of Karlee as we watch Mulan. Oh Disney... How I love you and your nonsense and triumphant music and funny references.)

Welp folks... that's a cuter version of what I've been doing all day.
And I'm not even giving you the option "do you wanna know why?" because I'm quite determined to tell you.
First of all... I almost missed my lab to go to Nephi with Tori. (face slap) Just kidding Tor, I have to go to lab at 1:30. Which means I so totally just lied when I said I didn't have anything going on. Blame my memory. (Or lack thereof.)
Intstitute was good, we talked about Hell and suffering for the first half of class. (There may have been some sarcasm in that last sentence.) And then I went to lab, and we made soap.
For the record, the warnings that you shouldn't spill sodium hydroxide on your skin were correct.
And when you mix that stuff with water, there's a chemical reaction that makes it heat up. Without external sources of heat. (Um, ladies and gents... do you realize what you're going to use the soap with?? Water. Water that caused an initial chemical reaction of  SELF BOILING WATER. There's something wrong with this picture.) 
After lab I was starving so in my attempt to make Mac and Cheese (which I was craving, but usually I don't even like,) I spilled water everywhere, forgot to stir and therefore watched it boil over, and accidentally started a paper towel on fire. 
Oh goodness. 
Now we're watching Disney movies, because as you all know Disney is a fantastic emotional bandaid.
Just sayin.
Sorry this is a boring post.
Austa la vista baby! (I probably spelled that wrong. Sorry again. :p)

No comments:

Post a Comment