Blog views

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Monday, April 04, 2011

______ fills the cracks of my heart.

I miss my camera.
Yup. It's peanut butter, and those cookies last night were kinda fantastic. I'm just saying. Failed a test? Make some pb cookies. Feeling strung along in your love life? Make some pb cookies! Stressed over to-do lists? (Wanna guess what you should do?)
The only problem is if you make them, you know exactly why they're kinda fantastic. And so do your hips, and your bum. (Warning, these may make your abs retract into a serious witness protection program, and who knows when you'll see them again.) (I still think they're worth it. Just take the extras to a neighbor and share the love so you don't devour all of it on your own. ;) )


P.S this is all copied off of  www.ourbestbites.com. Even the witty warning. I wish I could claim it. :p
But truly. Just this once, fix the cracks of your heart with these! (Even if they're just tiny fissures. It counts.)
Warning: these cookies have magical powers that compel you to force them into your mouth uncontrollably.  

Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies

1 C butter flavored Crisco
1 C creamy peanut butter 
1 C sugar
1 C packed brown sugar
1 t vanilla
3 eggs
3 C flour
2 t baking soda
1/2 t salt
Additional white sugar for rolling

filling: 
1 C creamy peanut butter
1/2 C  real butter, softened
4 C powdered sugar
2 t vanilla
3-4 Tbs milk

Cookies
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Cream shortening, peanut butter, and sugars together until light and fluffy, 1-2 minutes. Add in vanilla, and eggs one at a time. In a separate bowl whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt and add to dough. Mix to combine. The dough will be very soft- that’s normal!

Roll dough into 1/2 inch (or a little larger) balls, roll in sugar, place on ungreased cookie sheet and do the little forky criss-cross thing.

Bake for 6-8 minutes, or until puffed and set, but not browned.  Remove from oven, let cool on baking sheet for 2-3 minutes and then transfer to cooling rack. 

Filling: Beat peanut butter, butter, sugar, and vanilla together until smooth, if needed, add milk until desired consistency is reached.  When cookies are completely cooled, spread a layer of frosting on one side and sandwich together.
yield: about 4 dozen sandwiches 

Hint- it helps to smear peanut butter on your friends face when you're making these, and if you don't have an electrical mixer you're gonna be sore in the morning. Trust me.
Also while we're on the food tangent, I so ate tuna today. (Refer back to the green bean post, and you've got my vent down.) I'm not entirely sure why I'm going all 'adult' in my eating habits... maybe it's because I'm on the last pre before I'm elderly, maybe it's because I have lots of cans of tuna that I should just man up and eat, or maybe (and I'm leaning toward this one) it's because I'm feeling really (not so pleasantly) plump and tuna is healthier than a pb&j (considering I cleaned out half a jar of pb last night. And then I made the cookies. ;p ) 
Goal of the week? Listen to the rational, really good points of this article. (You should know I feel slightly ridiculous linking to something with the word "zen" in it. I'm not really into that stuff. I feel like it's a little past my conservative views, but of all the rotten luck it sounded pretty reasonable. Hence it's debut onto my blog.)
Unrealistic, nonsense goal: My friend told me he could picture me writing children's literature. I hereby pretend to make the goal of writing three children's books before summer. (Summer is when I'll pretend to make the goal of being Picasso enough to illustrate my literature.) :p
Today is Monday, today my hair is flat, and today I'm determined to get a lot done and feel good about life. Here's to making a good Monday!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, those cookies look sooooo good. Unfortunately I am also feeling unpleasantly plump and I don't think I will get to enjoy those cookies for a long time.

    Also, I love Zen Habits! I haven't read it forever but he is so inspiring! He always makes it seem totally easy to get organized, exercise, eat healthy and change the world.

    NOT a nonsense goal. You could totally write childrens lit! Go for your dreams! (If that is, indeed your dream. If it's something else, then go for that.)

    ReplyDelete