Blog views

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Food. (Truly, that's all I have to talk about today.)

Title: what my culinary skills have been reduced to.

Title: What the heck is my problem, I'm eating beans on my own free will!


Story about the first picture:
Kristalyn and I went to do baptisms in the Manti Temple- two and a half hours later (it was a very busy, very eventful day in the baptistery!) I came home to a reeking apartment and bubbled over 'lunch'. Which actually wasn't too bad if you can get past really dry chicken and bland, soggy rice.
The oven still stinks though. I haven't found motivation to really super clean it out yet.
Story for the second picture: 
I've discovered I go through food phases. Sometimes I'm a Mickey D's girl who doesn't wanna eat anything that isn't greasy, calorie loaded and unhealthy (because that's when it tastes the best, of course!)
Sometimes I decide to go weight-watchers style and eat some of everything, as long as it's within point reason.
Sometimes I go crazy and I only want avocado smoothies and open faced sandwiches loaded with lettuce and tomatoes.
Lately I'm feeling like a juice/smoothie addict and I threw in a bowl of green beans.

I just wanted to blog because it's therapeutic, but I really didn't have anything to talk about. (We watched Tangled last night, and Tyler came and ate the apple crisp I owe him. This being friends thing is hard, but I'm glad we're still friends. He's taught me a lot, I've decided. He's such a good person. Dangit!)

My friend, Caitlan, just gave me a back of pop sickle sticks and candy. (Once last semester I snapped seven thousand sticks in frustration because I just wanted to break something. And then I ate my weight in 'fun sized' candy bars. She's thoughtful haha.)
(Thanks Cait!)

But now I'm going to Institute and then to the nail appointment in Fairview thanks to my roommate b-day money. :D (Thanks guys, you're the best!)

So have a beautiful Thursday! Get yourself ready for conference weekend! (Aren't you just so excited? I swear I can feel my spirit getting all giddy to hear the words of our Prophet and the apostles!)


2 comments:

  1. Oh shannon you are truly wonderful. Guess what though I found something way cool!!! the next blog you look at at the end type view/flipcard. So example for mine "caitlanannemcconnell.blogspot.com/view/flipcard"
    IT IS THE COOLEST THING EVER!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally went through a green bean phase in college. I would eat entire cans of green beans for a meal. Low calories and surprisingly satisfying! :)

    ReplyDelete