Blog views

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Monday, March 28, 2011

Peace, man!

This morning I woke up (shot out of bed in near hyper ventilation) from a very interesting dream nightmare. On occasion I worry about my subconscious. Creepy old men climbing the side of my building and morphing into exes with knives threatening little sisters? Bathrooms made up of sheets hung with old fashioned clothes pins? Really, Shannon, where do you come up with these things?

So I did the morning routine, ya know. Prayers that probably are half asleep and slurred, strawberry flavored mini wheats, (easy on the milk. They get soggy.) and crawling back into bed with breakfast in hand, because it's kinda freezing in the morning at our apartment. That's my opinion anyway.
While I shivered... how the blast do you spell that? Oh. One r. Anyway, shivered with my wheaties I was thinking about this year. It's been crazy/great/sad/amazing/long/educational/tough/surprising/frustrating/beautiful... etc. I counted Mondays- there's only 4 (not counting today) left before I pack up and move back to my parent's house in Cedar. Part of me is excited for that, because that's whats up next, but part of me kinda just wants to cry and stay here.
The cool/ridiculous part about life is that it always is changing. You're either moving forward or backward and I'm excited! I admit, I blog-stalk. And some of them are sooo adorable, cute mom's who post about parenting and life as a little family. I'm so excited! Really, it's just not worth getting bummed over life, because then you forget that you've got so much coming up that you're happy about!
Speaking of happy, I decided I'm happy about a lot of small silly things.
Like:
-Tangled soundtrack songs,
-Finding Bday Reeces in your hiding spot that you totally forgot about for a few days
-Hearing your roommate belting Kelly Clarkson songs :) (Haha she's cute)
-Seeing the carpet in the apartment. (It's awesome! Thanks Jill and Karlee :) )
-Fast and Testimony meeting and all the cute and awesome examples we have in our ward. (I'm really gonna miss it I think. We have an awesome Bishopric and awesome YSA leaders, and teachers and... you get the idea. There are so many awesome people that I've met here and it's kinda making me feel nostalgic/sentimental with this Monday count.)
-My purple/black/white quilt that my mom, grandma and sisters helped make
-The wicker night stand that I so adamantly spray painted black. (Lesson learned. Never paint anything that's wicker a dark color. Just don't. Especially if it started out being VERY light colored beforehand.)
-Letters
-Typing
-Figuring out what the heck I'm making for dinner. And lunch.
-Memories
-Seeing happy people
-Realizing I was incredibly blonde and picked up the fourth volume of a series for "an easy fun read". Usually people start with one, don't they? :p
-Remembering what I learned! (Nice going, brain, you're catching on to this education stuff.)
-Looking back and realizing that I always get promptings about things. It's just that I'm too stubborn and ADD and busy to recognize them sometimes.
-Talking to my roommate instead of actually going to bed
-Giggling
-Rain
-Looking forward to going to the Library for hours (it's a new sensation.)
-Singing in the shower like a rock star
-Listening to George Strait while getting ready
-Thinking about my childhood (dear cousins and sisters and family... our family seriously rocks! Have you stopped to realize that we're so blessed? I never really thought about the fact that not everyone has what we do in such a big, supportive, loving family centered in the gospel. :) It's kind of amazing, really.)

So. Now I'm gonna go pack a PB&J for my library escapade, and get going on the rest of the day. :)
Happy happy Monday!

1 comment:

  1. I loved this post. it reminded me of all the things I should be thankful for! This life is so beautiful and we really are so so blessed. You think about all the horrible family situations (or lack thereof) in the world, and it is amazing to look at the wonderful family we come from and the great examples there.

    ReplyDelete