Blog views

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Monday, March 21, 2011

My weekend (Before I go back to being studious...)

So, I already reported the date.
Now it's time to report the fact that I was going to run away to Richfield after I got home, but it was a little late to drive anywhere. So Saturday morning I went over to visit Tara! (The exclamation point is because I haven't seen her in forever. She's been at army training madness. Crazy, right? I know. And Olyvia came Saturday evening. It's been at least 3 years since all three of us were together, so it was pretty fun to catch up. :) )
Since my camera is broken I took pictures to document odd moments with my telephonal device. :) Would you like to see them?
Ok! :D
The coolest sunglasses I've ever seen on the face of planet Earth!

The GIANT bon fire from said date. If you look really close you can see little people off the the left. Yup. It was that big. 

This, my friends, is a pumello(?) that Tara and I had for brunch. It's like grapefruit but milder. (I like grapefruit better.)

Cutest magnet I've ever seen!! I want one! 

This caption is a long one, so get comfy. I decided I was still hungry after finishing leftovers yesterday, so I put a handful of tortellini noodles in the giant pot (because I didn't want to wash the little one) and turned up the heat. Then Harry Potter came on ABC so I had to sit down and laugh at how tiny they were in the 3rd one. Forever later (ok maybe twenty minutes) I remembered, "Hey! I have pasta on the stove! You're supposed to supervise cooking usually..." so I ran panickedly over. They were... slimeyish. Starches don't like swimming for too long. So I'm now consciously thinking "K, Shan, you can't just forget and leave stuff unattended." as I'm putting some soap in the pan to soak. And two minutes later I remember it. The bubbles looked more daunting in person, I think. But you get the gist of it. This is my reminder that on occasion I fail life. :p 

So there you have the pictures!
Last night I had to fill in for the Stake Choir director, and I mostly felt like an idiot waving my arms around as if I knew what I was doing. But the people who showed up to sing were all nice people and didn't throw any Hymn books at my face or anything too drastic. They just smiled like, "Oh dear." (That's all they could say. "Oh dear.") Needless to say practice got out almost fifteen minutes early.
After choir, I gave Tyler a ride back to our apartments and we talked for at least an hour about teaching (I taught RS yesterday, he taught Elder's Quorum) and the fact he feels awkward around girls again, and my date (that was the weirdest part. He asked how it went, and then looked awkward and threw in the "but it's none of my business so you don't have to tell me!" line.) and my failure to boil noodles properly or microwave anything safely these days... we mostly just talked. It was nice. I miss that, because it's been so 'walking on glass'ish these days that we haven't just talked. Ya know? But then he had stuff he needed to do, and Conner had texted to see if he could come by and say hi. So that was the end of our visit. (I just feel so happy and at ease around Tyler. So I guess if  nothing works out, we should at least be friends, because he's truly one of the best people I know!)

Conner came over, and Blaine was already at our apartment (surprise surprise. ;) I swear they're gonna get married. But hey. We all know what roommate betting and speculations mean in the end. Basically nothing. Haha. Learned that one the hard way. :p) so we did the awkward introductions, and I finished putting my slimey, dead bird into a marinade for today's dinner, and we sat down to play......

Basically we discovered that no matter how much you know, Sami knows more; Tori and Blaine are competitive; Jill loves to sing songs that aren't actually related to the question at hand; I know all of the weird random Disney stuff, like Bella Note is the song that is sung over a plate of spaghetti in Lady and the Tramp, and such; and last but definitely not least, Conner and I both are excellent at rolling 1's, 2's, and 3's. We're also grand at being the caboose of the game pieces. :p We so got dominated!
It was so much fun though! After that we started talking and somehow that morphed into watching the Kid History youtube movies, (did you know there's a FOURTH ONE????)  (also if you love Kid History movies, please watch this. :) ) and watching Dwight Howard. (Also, please watch this. Just because this is what makes me think he's funny. And this. And this. :) Haha)
And then we argued over who's winning the bet- which I totally have in the bag- and then we did the Karlee with lots of awkwardness... she's mastered it, I tell you. And he hugged me and went home.

... I just ran out of stuff to ramble about so that probably means I should go to the library now. :( :p
Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment