Blog views

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

French Dark Chocolate Assortment.

Because I couldn't come up with a better title.

Technically this counts as tomorrow, so I'm not really blogging twice in one day.
BUT- (There are ALWAYS big buts.)

I just wanted to show you this:


I so just ran right into this sign. The goose egg on my forehead is proof! (Ok. So never take the majority of what I say literally. I didn't actually run. I walked. And not even into any signs.) Now that I've been not so gently reminded that reality is slightly different than what I've been swimming around inside my brain in.... whatever. I hate grammar.
Folks, Tyler is just a friend. Yes, he's a boy, and he's proved to be one of my best friends, but there is no more compounding of words. (I mostly just wanted to re-vent that point. Secretly none of you knew about the crazy college girl angst I've been in. But now there is finality in the situation and so I'm not dragging along behind the train of dreams on a shred of hope. ... That wasn't dramatic at all.)
Four Mondays. I need to start studying like a education addict, praying like a lost leper/sheep/whateverelseyouwannathrowinhere, smiling like... a smiley face (?) and finding some serious service to do. (This girl in institute said in her devo that if your life ever starts feeling too hard, you'd better start serving others.) Maybe insert belting Michael Buble's song, "I just haven't met you yet" and try to soothe my impatient nerves that way. Because let's face it ladies and gents. (Mostly the ladies) His voice melts us like pop-sickles on the fourth of July!

Remember the sign? That I ran into? Well here are the ice packs I found for that... I discovered that Tyler was right. Doing what's right (as in getting rid of possible bad influential rebound type characters) isn't easy, but I feel a whole lot better already. It's only been a few hours! Deal! I like this game.
I also discovered that Tyler is an incredible friend, and hey. Who has to follow the code? I think more than friends' should be able to stay friends. Because I think that friends are good.
I also think that I'm incredibly grateful for how this timing played out. For some odd reason he had time to actually talk for a while tonight, (he being Tyler of course. Sad, that I still sound so... infatuated. It'll pass. I'm sure.) but I already had scheduled another baptism temple trip with Kristalyn for tomorrow between classes.
(Oh Manti Temple, you're my refuge.)
I discovered that although I'm positive my sweet dad would answer the phone at 12 am and listen to me cry, I can do hard things on my own and respect peoples sleeping schedule because I have the scriptures and I have prayer and all sorts of other Primary answers.
I also discovered that hot showers are divine.
(So are glasses of coooold water!)

So here's me toasting that awfully wonderful reality check sign. I'm a lazy bum, I need to kick it into REALLY high gear, sleep more and eat better... but hey. Life's good. :)

(I feel like I sound really fake in all my posts now. Sorry readers, I'm just... journaling? Typing is easier than writing. Remember how I said I'm a lazy bum. This should clear everything up for you. :) Goodnight people!)

1 comment:

  1. Aw, Shan. Bummer. Reality checks are not fun. Neither is the "just friends" attempt after being so much more than friends, I assume. Hang in there girl. As always you have your priorities straight, spending lots of time in the temple and with your scriptures. You will be all right! Loves!

    ReplyDelete