Blog views

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Festival of Colors!!!

It was a close one. I almost didn't go... I didn't want to go clubbing with my roommates, (ya know. Just not feeling very dancish and not really loving the idea of a club anyway, I'm a party poop I guess.) so I almost stayed home. But then I found people who weren't going to the club after-party madness so I just caught a ride home with them afterward. :) Phew, because that was THE COOLEST thing ever! I maybe felt slightly blasphemous because it seemed like I was becoming Hindu or something (no disrespect meant,) and the crazy mosh pit singing  "hare krishna" was a wee bit out of my comfort zone.
Um, Jill crowd surfed!! Secretly I wish I did it too, but there's something a little sketchy about being handed around that high above the ground and being touched by a million strangers. So I chickened out.
(I also chickened out on kissing the llama. But in my defense that stupid llama wouldn't get close enough for a long enough space of time required for kissing. It's gonna happen eventually. But then Matt started telling me stories about llama lugies (? loogies?) and I didn't really find that encouraging in the least. I also started having horrific visions of llama face bites. Both of those killed the romance vibe, and therefore- no kiss!) (Ok, so romance has nothing to do with it... it's just on my bucket list. Angie, I so wish I had known you could rent llamas. That'd give me some quality time with them, right?)
So enough with my chatter, here's some poor quality, phone camera pictures! (I know. That really sold them to you, didn't it?)
Here's Jill, :) Her eyes looked SWEET!

Then Karlee and I had to capture ourselves... I feel like I look especially diseased next to her because she looks clean. :p

Jill, Matt, and me. This was right before we left, so basically this is how we looked as we walked on the road to get back to cars. We were pretty attractive, no?
I was trying to get a picture of the clouds of chalk, plus the cool temple that I never even knew existed in Utah. The chalk was seriously so thick that I guess an ambulance came a few times to get people who passed out from inhaling so much!


After we left, I went with my other friend to go to a soccer game- which ended up being sold out. So we went to Matt's house and showered and got changed and went to the movie "Limitless",
 I think we missed the first part, but it was still pretty good. A little sketchy at parts though, so I don't know if I want to recommend it. Plus it's mostly a druggie atmosphere through the whole thing. It was definitely an intense movie though.
Then we waited for the other people to get back from SLC to give everyone a ride back to E town. 
Hot tubbing sounded like a good plan at 2 in the morning, so we went out there... 
Ew. Obviously other festival goers had the same idea as us because the water was this disgusting purple/brown color. Mm... nothing like soaking in chalk! But sometimes desperation gets to you and you're too cold to care what color the water is. 
And then sometimes it starts blizzarding so you have to run your freezing bum right back into the apartments. (And watch John Tucker Must Die.)
And then go to bed. :)
But my point was the Festival was super awesome!! I want to go again Next year! (Seriously, any takers? We'll make a party out of it!)
But now I'm going to go back to my Jenny Oaks Baker and get ready for church. 
(Sorry, this probably didn't seem like a very Sabbath appropriate post. I was just sooo excited to put the pictures on!)

P.S I am literally stained. I still have a purple scalp and ears... and forehead. :p

2 comments:

  1. Did you wear a purple dress to church to match your forehead and ears? I've heard about the Color Festival. So cool that you went. I'm proud of you for expanding your cultural AND colorful horizons!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I spent a good amount of time Saturday looking up everyone's twitter and facebook pictures of the festival. SO awesome! I love that something this cool goes down in Utah every year. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete