Blog views

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Report: The Date.

So yesterday after blogging my boredom, I left my comfy wingback chair, and went to Chemistry. Took a quiz (almost aced it), and ran to the third floor to do all kinds of homework in the Chemistry category. Luckily when I felt someone looking at me and turned to see who's stinkin beady eyes were stinging through my flesh, it was Tyler. (Hooray! Someone who knows Chemistry!) So he helped me finish homework- truly, he's the most patient person I know. (This is the part where I got a text from the executive secretary guy in our ward asking me for a huge favor, and would I be home this weekend. I'm thinking, "Shoot. Who needs a sub." but I decided I should probably be grateful for some time filler service type stuff, so I said yeah. "Great, my friend wants to ask you on a blind date!" "Oh? What friend?" "Conner (Last name), are you free tonight?" ... I kinda wanted to say something dreadfully satirical, but I just was polite and said yes. "Wear casual and old shoes. We'll get you at 7:30." Old shoes? Hiking? Nope, the date's at 7:30... hmm.) I finished my homework and Tyler walked me home.
I then resumed my bored stiff position, and Jill informed me she was going to curl her hair and we should do something fun. Somehow football came up. I've known for many years that I am not cut out of athletic material, but Jill took her chances and decided to play catch with me anyway. The ball was lotion-y, and I felt like this wimpy girl trying futilely to throw it decently. Then it snowballed and two of Tyler's roommates, Buck and Zac, came out and were playing catch with us, along with B6's men, Andrew and Brandon. It was basically a party. Of which we started. Yes, we know we're that cool, we're B9 women. We're divine. :p (Ahem. Anyway, moving on.)
Somehow 'catch' turned into 'Texas Hold 'Em', which I think was Too Tall's idea. (AKA Andrew.)
We brought a blanket out to the grass because it was SOOO SUNNY! (I'm super excited about that detail. :p)
I have no idea how to play poker. Truthfully, I have no desire to have any idea how to play poker. However, I also had no desire to be alone in my apartment so I decided to suck it up and pretend.
I. Stink. At poker. So basically I held my cards and Trever (Tyler's little brother who came home from class and joined us), played for me. It was still pretty fun to be around everyone though. I miss people. Haha, living at the library makes you lead a rather quiet life.
So I got ready, (it may have been a couple hours early... heh heh?) and played the waiting game.
He picked me up (Hmm, he's cute!)  and we went to dinner at El Ranchero(?) which was de-licious! Even if there were lots of awkward silences and random first-date-type conversation. After dinner we got changed into old clothes and went past the Elk Farms to have a bonfire. With about a bajillion pallets and thirty other people. It was pretty fun though, we might have uprooted a couple of old trees to keep the fire going longer. :p
So now Conner has my number, and he wants to watch a scary movie sometime, and we have a bet going that I'm so totally going to win. (Loser makes dessert.) It was actually really fun, I wasn't sure how I felt about it yesterday as it got closer to seven, but I'm really glad I went! I think Heavenly Father has a sense of humor, because I got asked right after a conversation with my dad about no one ever asking me on dates. ("Haha, that'll teach Shannon! I'll send her on a blind date! Her favorite!" :p Something like that.)
But now I need to get ready, I'm driving to Richfield to visit my friend, Tara. (And partially to not be alone again today.) So shower, here I come! (I might have to sing like a diva to fully take advantage of having the apartment to myself... ;) )
Happy Saturday!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad your date was fun! (Let's just say that none of my blind dates ever led to a second date. Haha.) yay!

    ReplyDelete