Blog views

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Easter!


Just so you all are aware, this has the potential to be a run-on post. 
Now you've been warned. :)

I found this beautiful video clip about five seconds ago, and so even though the title says Easter, I'm showing you this first. :)

I don't know about you, but that really touched me. I love moments like this when I realize the youth of the church are strong and so exemplary like Spencer. He's a deacon, and he's already making huge differences! I love it! :)

On to Easter,
Today in my "Miracle of Forgiveness" Institute class, we watched an old video clip about a boy who's father dies, and what he learns about the resurrection. I found it very appropriate for two reasons: first of all it fit the atonement aspect of the class because the atonement plays such a huge role in any kind of pain. I truly know that Christ's sacrifice was for more than just the pains of sin, it was for every sorrow or grief in our life. Second of all, talking about the hope of resurrection before Easter is so fitting! 

I thought a lot about my Savior today, and of how grateful I am for each blessing in my life that has meaning because of his sacrifice. Without the atonement and resurrection, life would have no hope or significance. I'm so overwhelmed with feelings of love for a Heavenly Father who loved each of us enough to send His son, and for a brother who was willing to be the perfect example and feel everything that I'll ever experience, so he'd know how to 'succor' me. (Succor means, 'run to'. His arms are always open to us, we're the runners. :) Refer back to this post for my favorite Christ analogy.) I've thought a lot about one part of his sacrifice in particular, and that is when Heavenly Father's presence withdrew from Christ. (Matthew 27:46) That has really touched me today, because I'm a drama queen and have been known to feel like I'm totally alone sometimes, but even then I'm not alone because Heavenly Father is still there, and Christ is still there; and they love me. 
I'm excited for this Easter weekend, and for the added awareness of the Savior I have in thinking of Easter. I know because he died and lives again, so can we. Isn't that the most wonderful news you've heard today? :)


1 comment:

  1. Shannon, you are wonderful. Thanks for sharing your testimony. I feel like I always say this in my comments here but it's always true. You're awesome!

    ReplyDelete